Are you an artist, creative person or cultural organisation who could do with a spare bob (a bit of extra cash) to take your next step, get the development or support you need?
Bradford Producing Hub can provide up to £500 spare bob for activities, training or support that will help you develop or progress your artistic ambitions. Things like:
Advice and Mentoring: like artistic development, audience development, dramaturgy, fundraising, organisational development, tour booking, technical, etc
Training and events: fees for a course or session or attending an event or conference
Going places: travel costs for pitching events or meetings with potential partners and venues
Learning from others: time and costs for shadowing or visiting another artist
Personal development: Your time and costs, so you can develop your practice.
Anyone involved in making live arts, living or working in Bradford District
People at any stage of their career. We will prioritise individuals and unfunded companies.
Live arts include spoken word, dance, live art, theatre, storytelling, music, movement and all the other artforms that blur and sit in-between these. When we say ‘artists’, we mean creative people of all kinds: all of the roles required to make brilliant performance, on or off stage.
How much can I apply for?
Up to £500. We will want to know how you will use the money. You can apply more than once. We’ll prioritise people who haven’t received funding before.
Bradford Producing Hub has a small amount of funding available each year to help people and organisations in Bradford to develop new spaces that will support the live arts sector. We have £5,000 per year (£15,000 in total) and expect to distribute this in pots of around £2,500 each.
Projects funded through Transforming Spaces must be:
– specifically about supporting the development of new arts spaces in Bradford District (this can include moving or expanding premises)
– for spaces that will be used by / available to multiple artists / organisations for development, rehearsal and/or performance
– not about renovation, adaptation or fit out of existing arts spaces
– not a capital contribution/fund: it is an early stage development fund – to help contribute towards costs for feasibility, business planning, design, architects, legal, etc
– delivering on the need to help make more spaces available for Bfd creatives, as we heard so strongly the need for through our JCNA.
The fund is a one-off contribution and BPH won’t be able to contribute further financially to any of the projects supported, however we will support in other ways if we are able.
If you have a project that you think meets the above criteria, please send a brief summary of the project to [email protected] and we will arrange to discuss it further with you.
Bradford Producing Hub is able to pair organisations or individuals with mentors and experts to help support your development and growth. This can include things like:
– Business planning
– Career planning
– Artistic and Creative development
– Specific specialisms, like Audience Development, Digital or Evaluation
– anything else that will help you develop your career or organisation in the field of Live Arts
It’s important to remember that these are mentoring opportunities – people with lots of expertise who can help you work through your next steps, but they are not going to do the job for you!
BPH will pay the mentors a fair rate, and has a database of mentors ready to go, but if you prefer you can also identify your own mentor and let us know who you’d like to work with.
If you have an area you need to develop and think a mentor would help, email [email protected] with a brief summary of what you need and why, and we will get back to you.